Boardwalk Small Hotel, an eco friendly hotel in Aruba, cares about nature and its beauty and is greatly devoted to lower its environmental impact. With the recent renovations Boardwalk Small Hotel has made significant investments in eco-technologies and systems.
Also in the daily operations of this eco friendly hotel in Aruba, Boardwalk goes beyond the typical towel and electricity-saving programs. Below a summary of some of the environmental initiatives that were successfully implemented at this eco friendly hotel. Boardwalk Small Hotel Aruba continuously focuses on improving its environmental footprint. For any questions you might have, please do not hesitate to contact this eco friendly hotel in Aruba.
Among Boardwalk's many environmental initiatives are:
• Switching all lighting inside the casitas to LED lighting. LED lighting uses 90% less electricity than regular lamps.
• Water reducers, which cut down water flow by 60% in all showers and faucets.
• Replacement of all airconditioning units for inverter A/C's, which cut down electricity usage of the airconditioning system by 60%
• Implementation of an electricity control system which automaticall shuts of A/C's when windows and doors are left open for longer than 1 minute. Also, a masterswitch allows all electricity of a casita to be switched on or of at one central point.
• Bulk purchasing and use of in-room dispensers delivering genuine Aruba Aloe freshly made shampoos, conditioners and lotions instead of individual packages in plastic containers.
• Using bio-degradable and environmentally friendly detergents.
The Five Leaf System enables guests to judge the environmental quality of the hotel they are staying at or wish to stay at, and hoteliers to clarify their eco-policies for guests.