Current Vacancies at Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Established in 1991, we are a family-owned hotel located on a historic coconut plantation, with a strong connection to our cultural heritage and Aruban roots. We provide our guests with a “live like a local” experience in an authentic, Caribbean environment, delivering an intimate, private, and relaxing vacation experience that exudes a warm and genuine personal approach.
We care deeply about our team members, their development, and their work/life balance, treating all as part of our family. We safeguard the high quality of our work environment, operating as sustainably as possible. At Boardwalk Hotel, we have a genuine interest in new technologies that bring innovation in hospitality and the way we do business.
In September 2019, our hotel will reopen as an expanded, more deluxe property, Boardwalk Boutique Hotel, featuring enhanced amenities and spacious, high-quality casitas. In the pre-opening phase of this exciting development, we are looking for a special individual to fill a key role:
Manager of Sales, Marketing & Guest Relations (SMGR)
What roles will you perform?
As we are a small boutique hotel, our managers typically fulfill more than one role. The multifaceted SMGR manager position is ideal for an experienced hospitality professional with skills in hotel sales, marketing, and revenue management, as well as a passion for Aruba and satisfying our vacationing guests. You will perform the following roles:
Sales & Revenue Management, including responsibilities such as
- Building a business pipeline, and hiring and leading a best-in-class front desk and reservations team;
- Negotiating and activating sales channels with TOs, OTAs, and travel agents, and preparing proposals and/or contracts with strategic partners and prospective customers;
- Compiling reports pertaining to hotel sales, RevPAR, forecast, etc.
Marketing Management, including responsibilities such as
- Collaborating on preparation, revision, and execution of marketing, advertising & communication strategy and budgets;
- Developing marketing initiatives, promotions, packages, and ad campaigns;
- Monitoring and managing all e-marketing efforts;
- Maintaining contacts with the Aruba Tourism Authority and other strategic partners.
Guest Relations and FOH, including responsibilities such as
- Leading and managing the front desk team to deliver guests our high-quality and consistent Boardwalk experience;
- Addressing guests' service needs in a professional manner;
- Managing & updating the Guest Survey and coming up with creative solutions to improve the overall guest experience.
What skills and characteristics are we looking for?
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in relevant field(s)
- Higher education preferably in Hotel Management, Sales & Marketing, or Business Administration
- True salesperson who is highly structured, thinks creatively, and is not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Team player with a hands-on mentality and a spirit to serve and personally connect with others
- Comfortable working with a commission system combined with a good base salary
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Technology savy
- Fluent in English (another language is a plus)
- In love with Aruba and its culture, and eager to thrive in a small boutique hotel setting
- Flexible and willing to travel abroad for sales calls & trade shows
Are we a match made in paradise?
Please send your resume with cover letter to Stephanie@boardwalkaruba.com.
Don’t be shy—let your creative spirit shine in your cover letter!
The deadline for submissions is August 31, 2018.
For more information, contact us at 586-6654 (Monday - Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm).