Established in 1991, Boardwalk Boutique Hotel is family-owned with a strong connection to our local community, commitment to the environment, a tech-savvy operation and passion for Aruba. Located on a historic coconut plantation, we offer our guests an authentic ‘live like a local’ experience, well-appointed Caribbean-style casitas and service with a personal touch.
Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic:
ASSISTANT HOTEL MANAGER
You understand the day-to-day operations of a hotel and you have a high level of responsibility and accountability. You are hands-on and quick in the uptake. A multi-tasker and true team player. You have a can-do mentality, an eye for detail and you know how to energize and motivate a team. You are open to change, new developments and have a solutions-approach to operations issues. Affinity with engineering & new technology in hotel operations is a plus; being passionate about Aruba & hospitality a must.
- work closely with (Housekeeping, Engineering & FOH) to guarantee smooth hotel operations
- monitor policies and SOP’s; conduct audits on quality; monitor hotel supplies & stock
- develop and manage quality and budget control goals
- prepare quarterly & annual evaluations for all supervisors, maintenance and FD staff
- responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable
- lead all ecofriendly hotel operation initiatives and certifications
- set up and check safety and security policies, as trainings for all departments
- advise on, and initiate new processes, policies and procedures that benefit hotel performance
- take on MOD shifts (manager on call 2 weeks p/month)
- assist Hotel Manager in all day-to-day duties and replace the Hotel Manager during absence
College degree and 4 - 5 years of relevant work experience
Multi-lingual; fluent in English and Spanish; Dutch and Papiamento a plus
Strong management, leadership and organizational skills
Training skills to create and implement effective training and development programs
How to apply*
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this position and our hotel team to [email protected].*Must have valid work permit.
Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba is a family-run and locally owned hotel, founded in 1989. Our small team of dynamic and dedicated professionals deliver memorable vacation experiences at a truly unique boutique hotel in Aruba, while having tons of fun at the same time. Are you interested in a career in hospitality, are you a local expert and do you want to become part of the Boardwalk family?