Find below an overview of all job opportunities at Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba
Lead Front Desk & Concierge Agent
The ideal candidate is an experienced hospitality professional with knowledge in front desk operations and possesses a passion for Aruba and is service-oriented.
This regards a full time position (40hrs per week)
Front desk lead - lead a team of 3 front desk agents (8hrs of the 40hrs per week)
- Continually monitor front desk team’s compliance of all existing and new policies and procedures. Develop and/or update policies and procedures when and if necessary
- Organize brief weekly trainings & information sessions (real life and digital) for the front desk team on guest communication, concierge information, hotel news, new or adjusted operating procedures, hotel specials, etc)
- Regularly evaluate team members (together with the assistant hotel manager) performance
- Approve front desk team’s schedule & overtime pay. Control overtime and schedule staff according to hotel occupancy, holidays & special events
- Analyze daily shift handover, glitch reports & survey results & implement improvements where possible
- Evaluate front desk team’s email communication with guests, seek out opportunities to elevate the guest experience and set up email templates to guarantee a consistent extra-ordinary service.
- Serve as the liaison between front desk and other departments (marketing, reservations, F&B, accounting, operations) to guarantee smooth communication between departments
- Manager on duty 1 week per month
- Verify inventory & approve invoices of lobby shop items
- Set up concierge information program, Boardwalk curated selection of concierge tours & activities. Train the team on Boardwalk’s recommended island venues/ activities/dining options.
- Collect and manage concierge commissions
- Recruit & train front desk intern
Front Desk & Concierge Agent (32 hrs of the 40 hrs per week)
Front Desk Agent; including responsibilities such as
- Prepare for arriving guests and take special care of VIP’s, guest requests & guest preferences
- Welcome guests at our interactive lobby and make them feel at home while performing check-in and check-out tasks
- Inform guests about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Manage online and phone reservations, maintain updated records of bookings and payments
- Communicate and coordinate with Housekeeping, Maintenance to ensure all casitas are clean, tidy and fully-functioning to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Communicate and coordinate with F&B team to ensure all F&B related bookings and requests are known, processed and or delivered to guests in timely manner
- Prepare VIP, repeat and special guest amenities and welcome notes
- Report & Respond to guest complaints and find & implement/follow up on the appropriate solution
- Review if all guests requests and complaints are resolved and or handled by shift end
- Daily communication with F&B partner on pre-booked F&B items and other F&B related requests
- Manages bills & invoices of guests and 3rd parties
- Review & approve on all daily posting journals by shift end
Concierge Services, including responsibilities such as
- Meet and exceed guests’ expectations by anticipating the services they might require at the hotel or on island
- Pro-actively seek out a guest’s interest and provide suggestions on the islands best venues, activities and points of interest
- Make reservations or appointments for guests who want to avail themselves of local activities, entertainment or services
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information and attend to their wishes and requirements
- Be knowledgeable about Boardwalk’s curated selection of restaurants & activities, local hangouts and locations & match them to the needs of specific guest’s desires and wishes
- Leverage Boardwalk’s concierge tool to elevate the guest’s experience, build customized guest itineraries and gain a better understanding of a guest’s interest and experiences.
- Use Boardwalk’s technology stack to communicate and follow up with all departments, communicate with guests, process guest requests and reservations, etc.
- Report & Respond to complaints and find & implement/follow up on the appropriate solution
What skills and characteristics are we looking for?
- Natural affinity with hospitality, drive to care of our guests
- Min 3 years experience in a similar position with Hotel operations
- Our boutique hotel requires the talents and skills of an experienced, fun, sociable Front Desk Lead
- Degree in Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Creator of guests’ experiences from the 1st contact moment at the hotel till far beyond tour guests departure (via phone, email, regular mail, etc)
- In love with Aruba and its unique spots to sell and recommend. Constantly on the look out for the best experiences Aruba has to offer
- Polite, friendly, homey and excellent written & oral communication skills
- Multi lingual; English in writing and speaking is a must. Dutch, Spanish and Papiamento are welcome
- Ability in multitasking, prioritizing and time-management
- Technology Savy. Boardwalk team works with the latest hospitality technology stack
Vaccination in this guest-facing role is highly recommended and considered a plus. Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba is a smoke- & drug-free work environment. Application letter and resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Boardwalk Boutique Hotel Aruba is a family-run and locally owned hotel, founded in 1989. Our small team of dynamic and dedicated professionals deliver memorable vacation experiences at a truly unique boutique hotel in Aruba, while having tons of fun at the same time. Are you interested in a career in hospitality, are you a local expert and do you want to become part of the Boardwalk family?