Hotel Terms & Conditions
Cancellation & Reservation Policy
Updated policy for bookings made after 05th of October 2021.
2022/2023 Cancellation Policy:
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay will be charged to your credit card at the time of booking; in order to guarantee your reservation
- Remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival and credit card will be charged in full
- Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival are non-refundable
- Cancellation should take place in writing and is to be dated. Our guests cannot derive any rights from a verbal cancellation.
- We do not refund or change dates within the penalty period.
- No Shows (no cancel and no show on arrival date) incur 100% penalty.
- Modifications are considered a cancellation and therefore, in case within penalty deadline, we would need to re-quote the rate and charge for the difference, refunds are not applicable.
We highly recommend travel insurance and cancellation insurance for your protection against any unforeseen circumstances that cause a cancellation.
- Book direct benefits. We guarantee that you will always receive the best price when booking direct.
- Until confirmation of your reservation, our rates are subject to change without prior notice. Once you have received your booking confirmation from The Boardwalk, the booking will no longer be eligible for price discounts and/or special offers.
- All rates are stated in US dollars per night and exclude 20.45% tax, fees and a USD 3.5 environmental levy per night per casita.
- Rates are based on double occupancy for the One Bedroom Casita, Palapa Lodge 360 and the Coco Casita, and on quad occupancy for the Two Bedroom Casita. A Coco Casita , The Palapa Lodge 360 and Plunge Pool casita sleeps up to 2 guests. One Bedroom Casita sleeps up to 4 guests ( 2 Adults & 2 children max ) . A Two Bedroom Casita sleeps up to 6 guests ( 4 Adults & 2 children max ). The extra-person charge is USD 25 per night per person from children between 5- 17 years old. Up to two children under the age of 18 may share a room with their parents using the beds provided, as long as this does not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room type. Children between ages 0- 4 years old are free of charge when sharing the room with 2 adults. A baby crib can be arranged free of charge, on request. Self-parking is available free of charge.
- To maximize your comfort as well as your fellow guests, Boardwalk Hotel reserves the right to decline reservations for more than three casitas. For group reservations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boardwalk Hotel does not take bookings if made online on the day of arrival; please call us directly to see what our availability is and whether we can accommodate you. To check our availability or to find out more, please contact the hotel directly.
- While we will make every effort to accommodate our guests’ preferences, we remind you that we cannot guarantee casita locations or bed types until the day of your arrival. Guests cannot claim availability of a particular room, unless The Boardwalk has confirmed that availability in writing.
- Please note we are a cash free hotel and our front desk does not accept cash. We accept all major credit cards. Taxis only accept cash.
- Please note that changes to an existing reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For reservations booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact the booking provider for information on their policies.
Hotel Terms & Conditions
- These general conditions apply to all services rendered by The Boardwalk N.V. (‘The Boardwalk’).
- The customer and other users must take care of the accommodation and its equipment throughout their whole stay. The customer is responsible for any damage, negligence, or loss occurring to/in the accommodation, the equipment, and/or elsewhere in The Boardwalk during the stay.
- Each accommodation may only be occupied by at most the number of persons specified for the accommodation concerned. Children under the age of 18 can only occupy an accommodation in the presence of an adult.
- The customer and other users are not permitted to allow persons other than those specified in the contract to use the accommodation & hotel property by whatever name called and in any capacity whatsoever.
- Customers must provide proof of identity at the beginning of their stay.
- The Boardwalk is further entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment or security deposit from the customer at the beginning and during the customer’s stay. The Boardwalk may increase the advance payment or security deposit if the circumstances give cause. If the advance payment or security deposit is not paid immediately The Boardwalk is entitled to deny the customer and/or other users access to and use of the accommodation.
- Rooms are available from 3:00 pm on the day of the customer’s arrival. Check-in prior to 3:00 pm may be available subject to prior arrangement with The Boardwalk NV and subject to the full range of services and facilities at the Hotel not being available until the standard check in time. Check-out is at 11:00 am on the day of departure. Later check-out times may be possible by prior arrangement (1 day prior to departure) with an additional charge and subject to availability. (In the absence of such prior arrangement, failure to check-out by 11:00am may result in the customer being charged for an additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable rate.
- If it is necessary that maintenance work be carried out the customer will allow such work to be carried out on the accommodation or other facilities during the customer’s stay, without being entitled to any compensation.
- The customer and other users may not create noise or other disruptions which could disturb other customers and other users. Speakers are not allowed on patios or common areas such as but not limited to: pool areas, beach area, resting points. When partaking in conference calls the usage of a headset is required. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in guests being asked to leave the Hotel in which event all charges and additional charges shall become immediately payable by the guest.
- Nudity by The customer and other users (including topless sunbathing) is not allowed in the common areas and guest room patios of the hotel. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in Guests being asked to leave the Hotel in which event all Charges and Additional Charges shall become immediately payable by the Guest.
- Boardwalk is a non-smoking property. A fee of USD 250 cleaning charge will be added to the customer’s account if we need to process the room after the stay. E-cigarettes, cigarettes, cigars and pipes are not permitted on our property.
- Pets are not allowed on the hotel’s grounds or in our rooms. In case you require a guide or special needs dog we are able to make an exception.
- Customers may use the hotel swimming pool at their own risk. No lifeguard is on duty. Children should never be left unattended at the pool, in the gardens or at the beach.
- The customer and users are expected to use the internet responsibly and carefully. The Boardwalk is not liable for any loss or damage as a result of the use of the internet or malfunctions in the network.
- In the event that The Boardwalk is unable to perform the contract, whether in whole or in part and whether temporarily or otherwise, due to force majeure, it will present the customer with a change proposal for alternative accommodation or an alternative period
- Borrowed items must be returned on check out or earlier. A fee of USD 100 will be charged for each missing item.
- The Boardwalk does not accept any liability for theft (including theft from the accommodation safes), losses or damages arising from death or injury to goods or persons of any nature whatsoever (including COVID-19), during or as a result of a stay at The Boardwalk, except in cases involving a deliberate act or omission or gross negligence on the part of The Boardwalk. Any liability for losses or damages is further limited to the total charges for the stay at The Boardwalk.
- The Boardwalk is not liable for disruptions in the services or defects in the services provided by third parties.
- The customer and other users must comply with all COVID-19 prevention measures set by Aruba’s health department and laid down in The Boardwalk’s health and safety plan, and they must follow any instructions given in this regard.
- The customer is jointly and severally liable, together with the users, for any loss of and/or damage to the accommodation and/or other property of The Boardwalk that occurs during the use thereof by the customer and/or other users, regardless of whether or not these results from actions or omissions on the part of the customer and/or users.
- The customer indemnifies The Boardwalk against all claims relating to loss or damage incurred by any third party resulting from any action or omission on the part of the customer or users.
- The Boardwalk will not be liable for loss of or damage or injury to goods or persons of any nature whatsoever as a result of services provided by third parties during a stay at The Boardwalk.
- The Boardwalk encourages the practice of responsible, sustainable tourism. By implementing effective child protection policies and procedures the hotel is able to play an essential role in protecting children from sexual exploitation in travel and tourism. The hotel has the right to ask for legal travel documentation when children under 18 are staying at the Boardwalk. Children under the age of 18 are only allowed to stay at Boardwalk if accompanied by a legal guardian.
- The contract between the customer and The Boardwalk is governed exclusively by Aruban law, and the courts of Aruba have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Should any of the provisions of these general terms and conditions be declared null and void or unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions will continue in full force and effect.